Septic System Information
Environmental Health is defined as the interrelationships between people and their environment. This fosters a safe and healthful environment that promotes human well being. We at the Stone County Health Department are committed to this through our efforts in managing the Onsite Wastewater Program with the issuance of septic permits, investigations and inspections. We also provide information through educational programs.
All Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems must be permitted. This would include new, repaired and replacement systems.
All onsite wastewater system permits shall be valid for one year after date of issuance. If the septic system is not constructed, modified, or repaired within one year, the permit is void and a new permit must be issued.
Please *view or print the following ordinances, information and applications for Onsite Wastewater Treatment:
- Stone County Health Department
Onsite Wastewater Treatment System Ordinance
- OWTS Permit Application Procedure List
- OWTS Application Check List
- Soil Scientist List
- Licensed Installer List
- Licensed Installer Registration Form
- Onsite System Inspectors/Evaluators Registration Form
- Licensed Onsite System Inspectors/Evaluators List
- Septic Permit Application
- Set-Back Distance & Vertical Separation Table
- Variance Request Application Form
- Complaint Form
*In order to view or print the above information you must download a free copy of Adobe Reader.
Below you will find wastewater funding opportunity links and additional information :